Love Live! School Idol Project / ラブライブ! School Idol Project BDRip
S1&S2: 10-bit 1080p HEVC + FLAC, MKV format. ~ 1.4 GB / EP.
Official ENG PGS.
MOVIE: 10-bit 1080p HEVC + FLAC, MKV format. Movie ~ 6.6 GB.
Official ENG PGS. MKA contains FLAC 5.1.
TL;DR: We have reworked all the anime related to the original Love Live series, including two seasons of TV anime, one movie, and numerous MVs, as a celebration of the 10th anniversary of the anime. The Blu-ray of LL was among the best back in the days, and still decent even by today’s standard. The two main issues with these Blu-rays are the aliasing/blurring lines caused by upscaling and some light bandings in some of the dark scenes. We could fix the former with descaling and reconstruction, the technique we have been utilizing in recent years, and fix the latter with mild debanding filters. We have also added tons of related content to the collection, including almost all the CDs and many of the artbooks.
1. We took the 9th anniversary BDBOX in 2019 as Blu-ray source for this release. The main episodes in this BDBOX are mostly identical to the volume releases, except that some episodes in season 2 have different number of black frames in the beginning. We adjusted this to keep them consistent with the volumed version, thus compatible with existing subtitles. Chapters in the BDBOX, however, are virtually all wrong and completely unusable, so we had to take the ones from the volumed Blu-ray and match them. To make matters worse, episodes in the BDBOX are often concatenated/split instead of in individual M2TSes, costing us tediously long time to cut/join and adjust the black frames for all the episodes.
2. The native resolution of the first two seasons of TV series are about 810p, and the movie is about 818p, while Nijigasaki and Superstar have only 800p. It might seem like a regression judging by the numbers, but it’s obvious that the latter two have much more detailed sakuga. Once again, we would like to emphasize that the native resolution numbers we report are not comparable across different titles in the intuitive sense, nor are they measurements of the image quality. The numbers we report could potentially serve as references for other rippers/encoders, but they’re not very meaningful for average viewers.
3. In the volumed Blu-ray version, there are bleating of alpacas as copyright notices at the end of the last episode of each volume. Possibly due to complaints from people who found them unpleasant, new copyright notices casted by the nine main characters are added in the BDBOX version. We have included these as SPs, and therefore, we have removed the alpaca versions from this release.
4. The Live Collection (collection of MVs) Blu-ray included 5.1ch and 2.0ch audio tracks. We could confirm there is a 14.2 kHz cut-off in all 2.0ch audio tracks -they are fake lossless audios. We made the 5.1ch audios as the primary (default) track, but we kept the questionable 2.0ch audios as secondary tracks for you to “appreciate” them and denounce the publisher.
5. In our previous BDRip release, the special anime for the 6th single were mistakenly named as an OVA attached to S1. We have moved it under the MV folder this time. As the special anime has an OVA part and an MV part, but the Live Collection Blu-ray only included the MV part, we encoded the whole special anime separately and put it under the MV folder. We have also included “A song for You! You? You!!” as MV, which was only released after the Live Collection Blu-ray.
6. We have only reworked the anime and related bonus content this time, without touching any live concerts either published separately or as bonus of anime Blu-rays. We do not have plans to rework those any time soon, either. The live concerts were separate projects, and I just don’t have much interest to rework them.
7. We have collected almost all related CDs of the original Love Live series, including anime CDs, special CDs, non-anime CDs and Hi-Reses, etc. The total file size of the CDs here even surpassed the videos. Some CDs, namely the Drama CDs of the 1st-3rd Live, and Radio CD Vol.1-5, are not included as we couldn’t find them available anywhere, given they were released such a long time ago.
8. As lots of you know, we had complete set of Chinese subtitles with our old BDRip release. However, some of those subtitles suffer from severe quality issues, and it’s beyond our ability to find people who made them for a fix. Therefore, no subtitles are included in this release. You might still get them from our old torrents, or from the Anime Subtitle Club.
* * *
Please refer to https://vcb-s.com/archives/7949 if you have trouble viewing WebP images.
Please refer to https://www.tsdm39.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=879923 for more informaion about jointly purchased music.
* * *
Comparison (right click on the image and open it in a new tab to see the full-size one)
Comments - 7