#### Other Releases: [Dragon Ball](https://nyaa.si/view/1436046) // [Dragon Ball Z](https://nyaa.si/view/1331089) // [Dragon Ball Z Level Sets](https://nyaa.si/view/1478354) // [Dragon Ball Z HD Specials](https://nyaa.si/view/1374491)
#### [Discord Q&A Link](https://discord.gg/5HuFcx5msE)
### Updates for v2:
1. Video completely re-encoded using same methodology as our recent DB release. We will not be encoding the video again after this.
2. Updated FUNi/Tokunaga track with completely new sync by [Vanner64](https://anidex.info/torrent/437054), replacing the dragon-radar sync.
3. All English dub tracks with Mark Menza score are in their original FLAC format (previous release re-encoded both tracks to ac3).
4. Very minor sub corrections in a few episodes. New sign added to the SP.
### Original Release notes below:
| Episodes | Source | Resolution | PAR | DAR | Scan Type | FPS | Format | Encoder | Media Info |
| 1-64, SP | R2J Dragon Box | 708x480 | 177:160 | 4:3 | Progressive | 23.976 | H.264 | JySzE |[MI Link](https://pastebin.com/yZ0qUia0)
1. Despite being the highest quality release available, the Dragon Boxes have many well-documented flaws to the image due to both how and when it was authored. This includes chroma noise, haloing, random interlaced shots and scenes, inaccurate Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR), and random shots in the wrong frame rate. Remuxes of the Dragon Box and any encodes based on them will all carry these same issues.
2. To fix these issues **JySzE** applied the following fixes: IVTC, decimation, PAR correction, chromatic aberration reduction, and chroma noise reduction, and blocking treatment/grain retention. You can read more about what this means in the [merge PDF](https://dombito.github.io/mergeproject/R1R2.pdf).
3. GT has 4 opening variations (2 animations and 4 different ED song credits), however OP2 and OP3 are of considerably lower quality on the DBOX due to being from a tape master. The OPs have been fixed for our release.
Note that the TV Special has only been decimated due to it being sourced from a tape master. No further improvements are possible without sacrificing quality.
| Episodes | Lang | Source | Source Media | Channels | Format | Provided by | Sync by
| 1-64 | JPN | 2015-21 Broadcast Audio (BSFuji) | HDTV broadcast | Stereo* | FLAC | SoM TC | Deli
| 1-64, SP | ENG | 2008-09 FUNi "Remastered" Dub (Tokunaga Score) | Green Bricks | 5.1 Surround | FLAC | Nyaa | vanner64
| 1-64, SP | ENG | 2003-05 Original FUNi Dub (Menza + English Cover OP/ED) | Singles DVDs | 2.0 Stereo* | FLAC | N12 | iKaos
| 1-64, SP | ENG | 2003-05 Original FUNi Dub (Menza + "Grand Tour" OP/ED) | Singles DVDs | 2.0 Stereo* | FLAC | N12 | iKaos
| 1-64, SP | JPN | 2005 Dragon Box | DVD Box | 2.0 Stereo | AC3 | Nyaa | --
| SP | ENG | 2001 AB Groupe "Big Green" Dub | VHS TV Rip | 2.0 Stereo | AC3 | DBZImran | iKaos
*Additional QC assistance provided by ergiman, Kaze, and Johnster.*
1. Japanese Broadcast Audio is sourced from BSFuji rebroadcasts that have recently aired in Japan. OPs/EDs were replaced with higher quality versions. Episodes 1-4 are presented in dual mono to accomodate the stereo OP/EDs. Episodes 5-64 were broadcast in stereo and are presented as such.
2. The "Remastered" Dub with original Tokunaga score is sourced from the Green Bricks was completely manually resynced by vanner64, with added Japanese NEPs for consistency with our other releases.
3. The original FUNi dub with Mark Menza replacement score is presented in two different tracks - the first track mimics the presentation of the Green Bricks by including English language covers of the Japanese OP and EDs. The second track replaces the OP/EDs with extended versions of the "Step Into The Grand Tour" OP/EDs. English NEPs are included on both tracks. Other than the OP/EDs the two tracks are identical. The "Remastered" Menza track was not used because it is lower bitrate than the singles and is otherwise identical.
4. For the GT TV special, no broadcast audio is included as the Dragon Box audio is actually higher quality than usual. In addition, all FUNi dub tracks are presented in 5.1 surround. AB Groupe's "Big Green" dub of the special is also included.
| Episodes | Style | Format | Timings | Styler
| 1-64, SP | Stylized OP/ED, OP Credits, Titles, Inserts, and Dialogue | ASS | sangofe | corre / iKaos
| 1-64, SP | Stylized OP/ED, OP Credits, Titles, Inserts, and NEPs | ASS | corre | corre / iKaos
| 1-64, SP | Basic Subtitles | SRT | Isaac | iKaos
| 1-64, SP | English Dubtitles | ASS | OnionEclipse | mgold0704
| 1-4 | Animelabs Fansubs | ASS | Animelabs | brap
*OP credits timed and stylized by dubudavid. Names and romanization contributions from AnimeAjay, dubudavid, corre, Johnster, Herms, and SaiyaJedi.*
1. The dialogue for all subs are based on Steve Simmons's official FUNi translation, however extensive changes to timings were done by **sangofe** as part of his work with GTeam. Extensive changes were also made to OP and ED song translations and name romanizations in an effort to preserve accuracy and puns/double meanings. Name changes previously done for DB and Z carry over here*.
2. corre has done extensive work on stylizing the OP, ED, episode titles and signs to look similar to the Japanese text. He also recreated the original credits scroll from episode 64 that was left out of the DBOX. See [here](https://imgur.com/a/uhVcvYs)
3. If stylized subs aren't your thing, I have included more basic subs for those who want them. These have the same name and romanization changes as the stylized subs. The basic subs are provided in raw SRT format for compatibility.
4. **For best stylized sub viewing, please use the VSFilter renderer on MPC-HC, or MPV.** Link for [MPV on PC](https://mega.nz/file/mZ0XFQjL#A8nCYQPeL9kLUHPgRufcs6dl9JGDmKuFEqhTUf2_oHM) / Link for [MPV on Mac](https://mega.nz/file/iZ0iWL7T#r9rna07v7Qljrumn8cWgTlYt1ix9pXqRxM3CG2ov9zk) / Link for [MPC-HC](https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases) / Link for [VSFilter](https://www.videohelp.com/software/VSFilter-DirectVobSub).
5. English dubtitles for the series were synced by OnionEclipse and stylized by mgold0704 while the special was OCRed and timed by me. All dubtitles are timed and contain the dialogue for the original FUNi dub and are meant to be viewed with the cover OP/EDs (track 3).
6. Subtitles based on the old Animelabs fansubs are included for episodes when available (1-4). Thanks to **brap** for preserving this history.
I've collected a few supplemental things, although it is by no means completely exhaustive.
1. **English OPs, EDs, Promos:** various promotional materials related to the English dubs. Most of these things came from YouTube, TV Rips, or official DVDs.
2. **JPN Previews:** previews and promotional materials related to the Japanese release, including NEPs that were only broadcast on TV and not included on the Dragon Box, various commercials and previews both in their original state when available, or as recreated by fans when necessary.
3. **Miscellaneous Specials:** a few random specials related to GT, including the English-only recap episode, a live stage show, and the original credits scroll from episode 64.
4. NCOPs-NCEDs: no-credit OPs and EDs taken from the highest quality sources available (Dragon Box and some fan-recreations). While the source I found these recreations on had no credits, I believe most were done by **yugidmx5.**
A lot of people helped make this a reality. Thanks in particular to JySzE, vanner64, dubudavid, AnimeAjay, Deli, ergiman, corre, Johnster, OnionEclipse, mgold0704, sangofe and the original GTeam group, Krycek7o2, ZeroCool, brap, and Alperen.