**Title**: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
**Original Title**: 天元突破グレンラガン
**Year**: Japan 25 October 2007; English Patch 01 January 2021
**Translation**: [Anime Game Translations Team](https://discord.gg/xtVzrEk)
Based on the hit anime series of the same name, the game retells the story of Simon, a fourteen-year-old boy, who discovers an ancient mecha hidden deep in the recesses of the underground vault that is his hometown.
Full of action-packed battles, mini-games, 3 exclusive characters and an alternative ending, follow Gurren Lagann on a journey that will change the fate of the universe.
Released just one month after the end of the TV series, it appears to have been worked on at the same time as the broadcast, and features the same storyline, with a few new and exclusive additions.
1. Changes to the game(a compiled list of bug fixes/tweaks that were made to the original ROM):
- Added a cheat code to unlock the hidden debug menu when starting a new game from an empty slot
- Extended text boxes and moved the message icon to allow for more space
- Edited Simon's sprite to remove his armband pre-leaving Littner (when Kamina first puts on his father's cloak and Simon catches a piece of it)
- Added new sprite animations for Dayakka, Rossiu, Old Coco, The Black Siblings, Viral, Gimmy and Darry
- Re-added a hidden conversation with Dayakka in Chapter 04 (Gurren Emerges!!) Note: it displays with the "!?" normally reserved for battles, and doesn't change after speaking with him
- Edited the spacing of the battle result text ("Victory", "Defeat" & "Draw") to be closer together to read better in English
- Swapped the names of skills 077 "Combustion Reaching To Heaven" & 078 "Combustion Of Bro's Thoughts" (stamp minigames) around to fit better with their quotes
- Fixed an issue with cut-in images flashing up, then disappearing in Chapter 17 (What The Hell Is "Civilisation"!?)
2. Translation Notes for New Content:
- The game features some exclusive content for which there is no official translation. Some names that may have previously been known to fans through the Nyoro~n Subs translation of the OVA (Ep 5.5), characters 'Chitori' and 'Jigitalis', as well as the Gunmen 'Daorek' and 'Usaggon', have been changed to 'Tetori', 'Ziggitalis', 'Zaolegg' and 'Usappyon' respectively, following abbreviations found in the game files. (It should be noted that these too are approximations, as the game files are by no means consistent.)
- The joke lost in translation; 'Usapyon' doubles as a slang for "Just kidding!" as well as a combination of the words usagi (rabbit) and pyon (onomatopoeia for a hopping noise), hence why Kamina names the Gunman "Usappyon" seeing its rabbit-like appearance.