The project is finally done, all DB broadcast audio tracks have been synced to Dragon box audio tracks, and to video, and fully quality checked one by one.
For those who don't know what "video sync" mean, check our DBZ Broadcast audio torrent : https://nyaa.si/view/1240737
- Opening and Endings are from Dragon Box R2J (better quality than Original Broadcast Audio, but not too much to make the episode quality sounds poor when watching).
- There are 6 next episode previews (NEP) from Dragon Box, because in the TV broadcast tracks, there was short previews instead, mixed with a short movie or TV Special preview. However, those Dragon Box previews have been filtered with iZotope to make them clearer. Those episodes are named with “DBOX NEP FILTERED”.
- The episodes are in majority from FujiTV, but we're not 100% sure for some episodes. FujiTV tracks peak at 13KHz audio frequency, and other channels like Ishikawa tends to be around 11Khz so you can check that in any spectrogram software (like Spek).
- Many Broadcast audio tracks had issues like cuts (missing bits), clicks, noise... We patched those issues with tracks from the "Alternate" folder shared by the anonymous user on his torrent. But when there was not alternatives for specific tracks, we have had to use low quality Dragon Box bits to fix the issues. Of course, we filtered those small parts from DBOX to make the transition as less noticeable as possible. Sometimes however, like in Episodes 77 and 78, missings parts are so huge that it's obvious that there's a quality change here and there.
You can check all the issues we found and fixed in those two spreadsheets :
-> 1st pass sheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4O5_8W8owCr1aFGo7FZT_8bgi_1hgkJHopCvBE8KmQ/edit#gid=1884041576
-> 2nd pass sheet : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nFTI8CTNmtF2y-R-1lW1pSD7-k7zSgX8HMf3F8bIoZU/edit#gid=0
- All delay values that we calculated and applied to audio synced tracks to create video synced tracks can be found here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hzt5zAo_Z2Ye7uBXlT6sbHstXLW3SrT0xaLKO6-DVrE/edit#gid=0
- In the audio synced folder, you can find a subfolder named "Alternate tracks from Kei17 - Dougo13". Those are all the tracks that we synced those past years, before the anonymous user shared all the 153 tracks. There are a bit less quality, but still good alternatives.
A huge thanks to the anonymous user that shared those gems to the community, as well as Kei17, Dougo13 and everyone involved in the BA restoration.
Special thanks to Kradia, Venny, Raiden, IAmTheMilkMan, and anonymous that helped us with the quality check of the tracks.
Thank you JySzE for your optimized remuxes that help a lot to do a proper video sync.
And thanks to everyone that helped us in one way or another.