**Previous releases (WILL EVENTUALLY BE OUT OF DATE):**
Saiyan Saga (Level Sets) (1-39): [#1145615](https://nyaa.si/view/1145615)
Saiyan Saga (Dragon Box) (1-39): [#1150268](https://nyaa.si/view/1150268)
Namek Saga (40-74): [#1170280](https://nyaa.si/view/1170280)
Freeza Saga (75-107): [#1163555](https://nyaa.si/view/1163555)
Android Saga (108-139): [#1182197](https://nyaa.si/view/1182197)
Cell Saga (140-165): [#1194180](https://nyaa.si/view/1194180)
Cell Games (166-194): [#1210388](https://nyaa.si/view/1210388)
Tournament Saga (195-219): [#1220106](https://nyaa.si/view/1220106)
Boo Saga (Part 1) (220-253): [#1237061](https://nyaa.si/view/1237061)
TV Specials (SP1-SP2): [#1185803](https://nyaa.si/view/1185803)
1. This is it. After two years of on and off work, I have finally finished the complete series. Work is not over yet though as I will be applying a lot of fixes to previous episodes for the eventual batch release. Information on what specifically will be updated will follow below.
2. A lot has changed since S8. When I started this project, I was working by myself, but now it's become more of a group release, and I'm more of a curator than anything else. This particular season represents a pilot of what the final batch will look like.
**Changes since S8:**
1. All episodes have been encoded using scripts and settings provided by JySzE. These encodes have been properly decimated from the original DBOX source, meaning that the episodes run at their natural 23.976 film standard frame rate, with no glitches or random 29.97 frames. My previous encodes were flagged as VFR to account for the random 29.97 frames, however this can cause issues in some players.
2. In addition to being properly decimated, the encodes also feature chroma noise reduction and proper deinterlacing of a few random frames marked accidentally as interlaced on the DBOX.
3. The Japanese Broadcast Audio track has been updated to use Team Mirolo's v3 video-synced release (https://nyaa.si/view/1240737) and includes the fixes for two episodes that came out after their initial release.
4. The English/Kikuchi 5.1 track has been updated to use the Season Set Blu-Rays as a source instead of the R1 Dragon Box. The Blu-Ray track has more depth and better mixing than the DBOX track. This track was made possible by Deli.
5. The English/Replacement track continues to use the Season Set Blu-Rays as a source, however the sync has now been done by Kratos (https://nyaa.si/view/1248631). I thought about including his Orange Brick sync as well but ultimately determined it to be generally inferior to the BD audio.
6. The Original Dub track continues to be synced by me, however Kratos contributed some of his syncs as well. His contributions are on episodes 260+, although I still made modifications and added NEPs. The track is now in AC3 format for compatibility.
7. All English NEPs are included on the 2002/03 FUNi Dub track. The black frames at the end of each episode have been removed to allow the complete NEP to play. The audio for the NEP on episode 291 contains a special treat.
8. The GT Preview has been added to episode 291, sourced from the GT Dragon Box.
9. English "Dubtitles" continues to be provided by OnionEclipse. These subs match the remastered version of the English dub. This time around, he has added signs/songs to the track.
10. The signs/songs subtitle track is now stylized and in ASS format, also thanks to OnionEclipse.
11. CRC-32 checksums have been added to each file.
12. All of the above quality increases has also resulted in a larger file size, however I am making no compromises on quality. Needless to say if you're looking for tiny compressed releases, this isn't the one for you.
*These episodes are compiled from the following sources:*
1. 4x3 480p R2J Dragon Box - *from raw ISOs, encoded by JySzE*
**Audio - 5 tracks:**
1. Japanese Mono Tokai Broadcast Audio (FLAC) - *originally released by AnimeMaakuo, R2J synced by Team Mirolo*
2. English 2014 5.1 FUNimation "Remastered" Dub w/Shunsuke Kikuchi score (FLAC) - *from the Season Sets, synced by Deli*
3. English 2014 2.0 FUNimation “Remastered” Dub w/Smith/Dobos/Morgan/Faulconer score (FLAC) - *from the Season Sets, synced by Kratos*
4. English 2002/03 2.0 Original FUNimation Dub (AC3) - *custom track from the Single DVDs, with English NEPs from TV/VHS, synced by me and Kratos*
5. Japanese 2003 DVD Audio (AC3) - *from the R2J Dragon Box*
**Subtitles - 3 tracks:**
1. English (ASS) - *English Simmons translations video-synced by Team Mirolo and converted by me to ASS*
2. English Signs/Songs (ASS) - *provided by OnionEclipse*
3. English Dubtitles w/songs (ASS) - *provided by OnionEclipse*
**But wait, there's still more notes:**
1. Episode 269 contains a line of dialogue by Vegetto at around 7:45 that changed between the original Japanese Broadcast and the Dragon Box. This episode has different subtitles for the BA and DBOX to reflect the proper translations. Thanks to Team Mirolo for pointing this out. It is currently unknown if there are other situations like this.
2. I've included a v2 of episode 253 to address some of the issues that it had according to the comments in my previous upload. It contains all of the upgrades that the S9 episodes have.
3. As mentioned above, I will be releasing all episodes of DBZ together in a large batch that includes all of the fixes in this release. There is no timetable for this release, but I hope to get it done within the next few months. As a refresher for all the different things that have changed in my releases since S1, here's my to-do list for updating previous episodes:
Proper decimated/chroma removed R1+R2J encode [JySzE/Romao] (1-291)
All audios double-checked to match encode (1-252)
Team Mirolo v3 video-sync BA (1-252)
BD 5.1 Eng/Kikuchi track sync [Deli] (1-252)
BD 2.0 Remastered track sync [Kratos] (1-194)
Dubtitles to be added/fixed [OnionEclipse] (1-219)
Convert signs/songs track to ASS [OnionEclipse] (1-252)
Subtitles corrected/converted for video-sync, updated stylings [TeamMirolo] (1-164)
Saban/Ocean dub reworked, Eng/Kikuchi filler video-timed (1-67)
volume issues for UUE 5.1 track to be fixed (1-27)
volume issues for singles track to be fixed (67-164)
OG FUNi dub re-exported as AC3 wih complete NEPs (67-252)
use reissued singles track as source for available episodes (75-107)
reworked Faulconer intro (108-164)
replace or add found English NEPs/recaps (various)
fix random episodes without v2s (various)
un-video sync JPN DBOX track (164-219)
I will also likely release a v4 of the Levels Sets with the fixes above as well.
Thanks to Team Mirolo, JySzE, Kratos, Deli, and OnionEclipse for assisting with this release. The thanks I have for literally everyone who's ever helped me will be in the batch release.
***Update 5/30:*** Episode 254's signs/songs subtitles has the wrong episode title, there's a fixed version here: https://mega.nz/folder/WJsxFKSI#VIRWxkJGS5Up7t_zbrLN9w