An old and mostly forgotten game by EXE Creates. This was apparently going to get a Steam Greenlight at some point.
Artbook + Manual source (I might rescan these myself later)
Vampire Hurts (ヴァンパイアハーツ)
EXE CREATE (エグゼクリエイト)
An ISO ripped by me is included, but you can just extract and play. No need to even mount the ISO.
Those who live in the world of day under the illumination of the sun are known as humans, while those who rule the world of night under the cloak of shadow are known as vampires. Each race while in seeming opposition to one another, in truth, rely on each other for survival as vampires leech blood off the humans for sustinance and humans rely on the strength received from them to live on the barren land that continues to erode away at the remnants of a once pristine landscape.
Follow the adventure of Touma, last child to the human race, who finds himself caught in the middle of a world ever divided by growing light and darkness soon after his arrival in the creepy and haunted town of Casketville. In a fated encounter with a beautiful vampiress named Stella, the two find themselves undergoing certain physical changes they must counteract while hiding the truth from those around them if they hope to survive!
1. A dark tone sets the stage for this game
2. A highly detailed world of sprite graphics with an isometric view
3. The original Japanese voices are included
4. Much of the main story is voiced
5. Fun and complex Zelda-esque puzzle solving
6. A challenging and dynamic real-time battle system
7. Magic that increases in strength as time marches on
8. A familiar inventory setup for western PC gamers
9. Superbly drawn anime-style artwork
10. Multiple endings
11. Secrets, secrets, secrets!
12. A side quest to collect special stones that can be traded in for powerful equipment
13. Contains an art gallery in which you can view the game’s beautiful artwork
14. Voice and sound settings that can be adjusted or turned on and off as desired
15. PC gamepad support
Pentium 3 500Mhz or higher
640 x 480 pixels
Keyboard and Mouse/PC Game Controller (Logitech Rumblepad 2 recommended)