### Dragon Ball - Episode 12 - Japanese Broadcast Audio (BETAMAX RIP) by Dougo13
### LOSSLESS Sync to Dragon Box video by andiandi
### Who am I ?
I'm andiandi, a French uploader. You can find me on Yggtorrent.is (a french tracker) : https://yggtorrent.is/profile/181057-andiandi
I'm part of the "Team Mirolo", and syncing Dragon Ball audio tracks is one of our main job (If there is French people here, we did a lot of intersting stuff, like an accurate sync of Winxbloom1980 Broadcast audio tracks for all the 291 episodes of DBZ [his tracks were often out of sync] or FUNimation DBZ movies with HQ Dragon Box audio !)
>I really want to thank shiteaterbubibinman for his upload (https://nyaa.si/view/1034469), as well as Dougo13 for ripping the Japanese Broadcast Audio track from his Beta max cassette ! (I synced the old aac file but I deleted my torrent since he provided a better ac3 version)
>I also thank NantoRaws for the encoding as well as Pendekar for his Dragon Box torrent (https://nyaa.si/view/823344), from where I took the crappy Dragon Box audio track of episode 12 to work with it (sync job)
I finally managed to sync the full AC3 track to Dragon Box.
Here are the different steps I went through :
- First, I remuxed the raw AC3 track to MKV
- I cut the commercials accurately (frame by frame) with FreeVideoEditor 1.4.13 build 805 (the last version where lossless cut is still free !)
- I swaped Preview and Ending to match Dragon Boxes pattern
- I opened both Dragon Box track and Broadcast Audio track in Audacity. Then I analysed the track to found the points out of sync
- I wrote down more than 20 points of sync as well as the accurate time of silences I had to put here and there to align both tracks
- I cut a big silence from the Broadcast episode with MKVToolnix, and then reduced it according to my needs (32ms, 64ms, 128ms ...)
- I finally cut the entire track in half in each 20 points to put a silence between both parts, and then merge them togheter with MKVToolnix (Cut -> put a silence -> merge -> x20)
It was quite long, and the hardest part was to mesure points of sync, the track having "stretched" delay, it's mean that it's more and more delayed throughout the duration. I had to take many points of synchronization to align the tracks continuously until the end.
### AGAIN, I want to be clear : I DID NOT re-encoded the audio track, all my work was done LOSSLESSLY with the original AC3 file uploaded by shiteaterbubibinman (https://nyaa.si/view/1034469).
### And, please, stay seeding, this upload must stay alive :)
Thanks to everyone and I look forward to sync new raw Original Broadcast Audio tracks !